iLike


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Friday, December 24, 2010

Christmas Letter 2010




Last year was the year of U2 music....This year.....

TOP 10 happenings of 2010 through the top 10 songs that have been stuck in my head over the year...The lyrics may or may not match....but the titles fit so well...

10. The "Suspension" (Mae) was over...yes folks, I turned 30 this year and you know what? It's been the best year yet! I think the 30s are going to be great. Tell all your kids, grandkids, and friends that there isn't anything to worry about....it's like the 20s but better! and you know how I celebrated? I had a Star Wars Trilogy night (4-6), it's still okay to be a kid sometimes :). It's even encouraged!

9. "Just Say Yes" (Snow Patrol) to a cake party with 6 different scrumptious cakes to choose from! I learned how to make a chocolate ganache this year and I was quite proud. The girl that claims to not bake....actually can! It was a dark chocolate orange cake. Thanks ladies at the temple for not only a great party (with more than enough good eats) but another fantastic year of growth and learning. Many answers have come by simply being with you in the temple this year. Love you!

8. "Don't Stop Believin" (Journey) that San Diego is the greatest place on earth! I have had another fantastic year with Jenny and Lisa as roommates. I've learned so much from you two incredible women, words cannot express how much I admire and love you. Here's to 2011!

7. "Short Skirt, Long Jacket" (Cake) were common sightings at the Labyrinth of Jareth ball in LA that Ashley Swindlehurst and I went to. Yes, that would be Jareth (David Bowie) from one of my favorite childhood movies "Labyrinth". Ashley and I spent most of the evening just taking pictures of the elaborate costumes people had, the Steam Punk movement is simply fascinating....I think I shall look into making a costume one of these years....Comic Con was another enjoyable year spending with Pat and Kandra and the boys. Jenny was able to go with me this year. It's incredible the creativity that people have. And it took about an hour....but I got my Chuck bag! booyah!

6. "Fine + 2pts" (Minus the Bear) another great year spent at Disneyland! Still keeping with the tradition of going about once a month. I broke down this year and realized that I needed a Premium Pass. So that means I have no blackout days....no Amy, I'm not rubbing it in....I'm saying that so that everyone knows that when you are in the area....let me know. We could go to Disney! I never get bored of that place. Hurrah for corn dogs, dole whips, and monte cristos (food is not my only motivation....but it is a big one) :)

5. The most recent news is the decision to move into the family ward after 12 years in a singles ward. It's crazy to think that the end of next year the singles ward will be a "Shadow of a Day" (Linkin Park) but I know that the family ward is where I need to be. I look forward to working with all the kiddies and Young Women! They really are an inspiration to me! It'll be so good to be with friends that have already moved on again and to keep the good friends that I've made in the singles ward. Remember, "I'm not dead." :) Loves!

4. It's been another eventful year "On the Wing" (Owl City) traveling for Goodrich. I love my job! This year has been a year of reunions! Whilst working in these different parts of the country I've been able to run into friends and catch up for a bit. Yay for aerospace being in such places as Texas, Alabama, Iowa, Washington State, and Utah. It's been great catching up with old friends. I miss you all and think of you often. Keep on keepin' on. :)

3. I got to experience my favorite food in the actual country it came from this year. Last year it was "The First Single" (The Format) flight for me to Malaysia. This year was my second solo flight to Thailand. I LOVED it (the country....not the 26 hour flight)! Thailand is a beautiful country and the food is every bit of what I dreamt of. For months after Jenny, Lisa and I were nervous about eating Thai in the states for fear that it wouldn't be the same. It's not, but Thai food is amazing as is. :) The Thai people are so thoughtful and kind. I only wish that they had a more stable political system. I hope to go back sometime very soon, being with them was a beautiful experience.

2. Family "With or Without You" I would not be who I am today. The title to the song is a stretch. It's more that "I can't live without you". I'm so grateful for the opportunity I have to live closer to you than in years past. I have loved every minute of it. Yay for mom being retired and coming to visit more often.

1. "Seeing is Believing" (Acceptance) is a true statement. This year I had the amazing chance to spend my vacation with two inspiring women (Jenny Williams and Cassie Cannon) on a cruise line with Michael Ballam and Roy Christensen. We went to Egypt (rode camels and went inside a pyramid), Israel (completely life changing), Croatia (Gorgeous!), Greece (awe-inspiring), and Italy (Venice two years in a row!). There are so many memories I cannot write them all down. As a result of spending time with these two women and the other members of our traveling party, I feel completely changed.

At this Christmas Season I wanted to share with you the joy that I have felt. Jesus Christ came into humble circumstances in Bethlehem, lead a perfect life and suffered and died for us in Gethsemane and ultimately Calvary. He was laid to rest in a tomb provided by Joseph of Arimathea and rose on the third day. I cannot describe the feelings that I felt in these sacred places in Israel. But I can say that I know without a shadow of a doubt that He was there and that He lives. I hope that this Christmas Letter finds you and yours in happy circumstances and looking forward to a prosperous and delightful new year! Please keep me posted on what is going on with you and your families. I pray and think of you all often.

All the Best,

Michelle Scullin (Mish, Meeshell, Super Mish, Cindiana Jones, Princess Leia, Trixie, Scullie, Scullinator, etc.)

1 comment:

Valli said...

Love the pictures and the updates. Glad to see you're doing so well.
Nuthin but love