iLike


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Sunday, September 21, 2008

MUSICA DOS

Well, it's been a while since I've posted a soundtrack for life. These songs all have meaning for me recently...at least the play count on my Ipod seems to indicate that, here is why:

"Shadow of a Day" - Linkin Park: It was my theme song for moving, just listen and you'll understand why...

"Settlin'" - Sugarland: Well, it just seems appropriate to my current "status" minus the red wine part

"Come on Get Higher: - Matt Nathanson: It's just got a really nice sound that I heard at the Sugarland concert that I can't get out of my head.

"Together" - Michelle Branch: recognizing the power of relationships and how they affect us

"First Single" - The Format: Just makes me want to get up and dance, but at the same time I can relate to the lyrics

"It's Good to Be in Love" - Frou Frou: I love the way the title of the song has nothing to do with what you think it does, and I can relate to the lyrics

"Matter of Time" - Cartel: I've met these guys a few times, awesome band from Georgia. I love the idea of change and the struggle that we all go through in order to make it somewhere different.

"Typical" - Mute Math: AWESOME song and I miss the person that introduced me to this band. To me, it's about "becoming" and moving forward but recognizing the individual struggle with getting there.

"Suspension" - Mae: This has been on a few of my playlists. I just love it. About the beginning of what could be the greatest relationship of all time and the nerves that come with it. Love it!

"The Outsider" - A Perfect Circle: I LOVE Maynard's voice! I absolutely love the music to this song. The lyrics to this song aren't the point to it for me. It's all about the music and Maynard's voice! I'm not suicidal. :)

"Miss Independent" - Kelly Clarkson: Well, this is silly. But I think a lot of us go through the cycle that the lyrics to this song talk about. At times I relate to it, others no. But I mostly added this one for the immediate effect that people recognize it.

So I hope you enjoy the current playlist. There will be another at some point in time as I'm trying to convert the world to a couple bands my good friends Kaddisfly and Ayin!!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I should do this except that typically it comes down to just one song that is telling the story of my life as I see it at the moment.