iLike


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Mountain Biking Mishaps

Last week we had a team building experience up in Eden Utah. It was at Wolf Creek and was a complete blast! The first day five of us (I was the only girl) went mountain biking whilest the rest of the crew went golfing. I no longer golf thanks to an unpleasant dating experience (my date whacked me in the knee with a chipping wedge, I've never been the same since).

Anyways, it rocked. We went on this little trail about 4.5 miles long next to the lake. Complete with small switchbacks, hills, and downhills. A great trail for the beginner that I am....well, it was me, Robert (ERP Manager), Paul (Regional Sales Manager), Martin (RSM), and Mark (VP). Little did I know that Mark used to be in Motocross as a kid in the UK...and Martin is a pro biker in Florida. But they kept up with me pretty well. heh. More like I kept up with them the best I could.

Well, on the way back I'm behind Martin on the trail and I'm gaining speed down the hill so that I can make it up on the upcoming switchback....well as I come to the first hairpin turn I see a 2' long snake in my path...before I can go around (I'm heading up the hill mind you) I run directly over it screaming "SNAKE!!!!" and then promptly ride off the trail and end up sitting on a bushel of thistles. OUCH!!!!!!! now the rest of the group is behind me bunched up laughing and saying that none of them saw the snake. So for the rest of the two day retreat I was made fun of for hitting the "snake" that was really a "worm". Bah. I swear it was there! it was black and it looked menacing!!!

Anyways, the rest of the retreat was full of interesting games where we had to work as a team to solve problems. It was really good. My team was all the engineers, IT, and basically all the analytical people which meant we spent all our time planning how we were going to complete the task at hand. We ended up not winning because we didn't get to two of the events, but that's okay. We didn't really care too much.

Overall, it was a good event. And today at work I walked into my office and there was a waterbottle sitting on my desk with "#1 Champion Wolf Creek Mountain Biking - Womens Division" written on it in magic marker. How cool is that? Apparently one of the guys from the trip wanted to help me feel better about the snake that I saw. It totally made my day.

Anyways, I'm new at this whole blog thing...hopefully you enjoyed the entry! Loves! Mish

2 comments:

M. said...

yup, still funny the second time I heard it. # 1... who would have been #2????? :)

christianna said...

a snake, huh? that story is hilarious! i would have loved to have been there to see it ... and help pick thistle-prickles out of your hiney ...